Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My Near Celebrity Sighting

If you read Gawker Stalker, you'd think New York was run by celebrities, you could practically see one inline at the Kwik Meal stand at every corner.

Never have I had such luck though.

Today, I was at a GNC during lunchtime, grabbing some Flavor & Fiber Bars. There was a big crowd of people there, mostly men, clutching FHMs and looking high-strung...turns out they were all waiting for Carmen Electra. The store owner was distracted too, the poor guy was probably trying to visualize how to put his store back in order after Electra's people have moved all of his shelves around to make room for a VIP area.

After getting my loot, I had trouble leaving the store. As I made my way out of the place, murmuring "Sorry, just trying to get out...." One guy shoted, "No cutting!" I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes there, all this for a D-list celeb? Still, afterwards I couldn't resist looking up the event on WireImage and lo and behold, there she is, wearing a camisole-style top in 20 degree weather, holding the diet book and posing as if it's the Oscars. Now that's professionalism!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home