Saturday, March 10, 2007

Giving it Away

Came home really tired last night, was still too wired to sleep for some reason. Got sucked into a public television airing of Dr. Wayne Dyer's lecture. He has a way of making profound things really simple and intuitive. His analogy of "life is but a parenthesis in eternity" and all we could do is to give our life away was brilliant. His philosophy goes against the whole buy more, get more, amass more way of life some people are living.

Living in New York has made me more opportunistic and I've caught myself envying someone else' s apartment, wardrobe, vacation, or perception of power. Now that I think about it, not only do I not have less, I have too much. There is much I could give. I'm not going to start handing out money on the street or anything, but I could try to focus less on getting more of something, anything, to feel better and richer. This will take a while and won't be easy, I'll have trouble with letting go of things at first for sure. It'll be more natural when I realize we'll all meant to share and the more we give, the more we "get," not in payment or thanks, but we'll be contributing to the circle of giving that is life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home