Sunday, May 07, 2006

The immigration protests have come and gone; the senate is deciding on this issue in less than two weeks. I'm surprised by how detached I feel...Is it because I've been here a while and feel more assimilated? Or have I absorbed some of the self-absorbedness of typical New Yorkers?

I'm more concerned with some stuff I'm doing for Mao Mao at work. There are these receipts I have to file as business expenses, some of them are from restaurants, and I was surprised at how high they were, given that they're just meals. Then it dawned on me, he must have asked the restaurant owners (some of whom he knew) to fake the higher amounts so he'd get more money back. I've heard about people who have fake companies here doing this. It's not right, but for now I'll have to play along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home